There are many reasons for utilizing solar power.
You all know the obvious; lower utility bills, increased home value, rebates and tax credits, as well as income from SREC’s. However the most compelling reason for installing a solar system by Cazeault Solar is the future generations. We believe that it is our responsibility to leave this planet better than we found it. Your children, grandchildren, and children’s grandchildren deserve a cleaner, greener planet.
- The sun’s rays are free and clean. Did you know that the sun emits enough energy in less than 1 hour to power the entire world for 1 year
- There are no byproducts of solar energy, so it will reduce pollution and help keep our air clean.
- Going Solar reduces our nation’s dependence on foreign sources of oil.
- A Solar System helps the community by reducing the electricity demand on the electrical grid during peak times, when people need the energy the most.
Help pay it forward by installing and consuming solar energy from Cazeault Solar.
Solar Energy Makes Financial Sense
Lower Your Energy Bill By installing a solar system, you become your own energy provider, reducing electricity costs for the next 25+ years. Most utility companies will track your electricity generation through net metering and should credit you for the excess solar power you produce. Over the past five years, the cost of electricity has risen on average 5% nationwide each year. Solar power can help offset these increasing costs. By producing your own electricity, you:
- Gain financial security by increasing energy independence
- Reduce your exposure to rapidly-accelerating utility costs
Increase the value of your property
A solar system is a home improvement that can reduce your energy costs and should increase the value of your home.
- Investments in energy efficiency are traditionally valued based on how quickly the investment pays for itself
- This investment in solar for your home adds value to your property – according to the National Appraisal Journal, every $1 saved in annual utility bills adds roughly $20 to your home’s resale value
It’s more affordable than you might think
The size and cost of your solar installation depends on your electricity bill and energy savings goals.
- Solar systems don’t necessarily need to offset 100% of your energy needs – partially offsetting your electric bills will still generate savings for your home
- In some cases, a home’s solar system has been able to generate twice as much savings as the installed cost was to the homeowner, over the lifetime of the solar system
Current incentives lower the cost even further
With new federal, state, local and utility incentives, solar is more affordable than ever before. The federal tax credit for residential installations reduces your upfront cost by 30% through 2016. In certain states where incentives apply, you can get up to 80% of your system funded by the government.